[TriLUG] KNOPPIX suspends distribution from its web site

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 3 12:33:27 EDT 2003

Nice protest move!  I have to say that I am in complete agreement with
them about the silliness behind software patents.

If the patent offices used some restraint and real research *before*
giving a software patent, the situation wouldn't be this bad... but it
is.

Patents were but into place to spur-on innovation.  Software patents
threaten to crush it (they way they are doled out without real
historical research or honest review).