[TriLUG] Viewing quarantine items by spamassassin

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Fri Sep 19 09:57:22 EDT 2003

Stephen,

I have a somewhat similar setup.  I use postfix with spamassassin, but I
don't have an explicit quarantine procedure.  I simply have spamassassin
check email and mark it as spam where appropriate, but it still gets
dumped into my inbox.  Then I filter it client-side into its own
directory so it stays out of my way.  I suppose I should mention that SA
is running on a local server that receives my email and serves it via
imap, thanks to Mandrake 9.1.

When I get false positives, the original emails are simply attachments
to the spam report, so I just drag-and-drop the attachment back to my
inbox.  I also use sa-learn periodically to give SA a taste of what sort
of spam and non-spam I get.

Michael