[TriLUG] Time To Ditch RoadRunner?

David R.Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Sun Sep 21 11:18:19 EDT 2003

once again, i amaze myself by coming to the defense of AOL/TWC, but
this story seems to be a lot more about signal theft than legitimate
business being shut down.

they never even bought one license to the RoadRunner service, let alone
hundreds.  and you cannot re-sell something that you don't own or
properly license.  rather simple, really.  but if you are looking for
an ISP that is actively recruiting its members to become WiFi resellers
(and provides you with much of the infrastructure to actually be a
reseller) then try Speakeasy.  www.speakeasy.net

they can hook you up with the fat pipe that you could then give to your
neighborhood for free if you desired.  or you could re-sell their
service.
all legally.  unlike this article.

peace.
d.m.