[TriLUG] libcrypto.so.2, libdb-3.2.so, libssl.so.2 needed for Python, whic h is needed for Plone.

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Mon Sep 22 21:23:38 EDT 2003

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie.

I have a Red Hat 9 Linux machine, and I want to get Plone working on it.
However, when I attempt to install Plone via RPM, it tells me I need Python
2.1.3.

So, I got the RPM for Python 2.1.3 and tried to install IT. Well, it told me
I needed some files, called libcrypto.so.2, libdb-3.2.so, and libssl.so.2.
Apparently these files have something to do with openSSL.

So, I got an openSSL rpm (specifically openssl-0.9.7b-2tr.i586.rpm, god I
hate these filenames), and tried to install that. ...Well, of course, it
didn't work the first few times, so I --force d it. Well, this elusive file,
libcrypto.so.2 still is nowhere to be found.

Any suggestions?

wab