[TriLUG] mySQL/SQL books

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 25 15:54:48 EDT 2003

Hi Ryan,

I wind up using the HTML manual that comes with MySQL quite a bit.  Two
books to recommend, though, although neither one is a complete SQL
reference.

The first is O'Reilly's "MySQL & mSQL", primarily because you can find
it on clearance for $8 (I got it at B&N in Cary).  It has a good chapter
on SQL and most programming language interfaces, but does not try to be
comprehensive.

The second one is "MySQL Cookbook", from the same publisher.  I've
gotten addicted to these $50 tomes for quick wisdom on how to accomplish
real-world tasks.   The current one is for MySQL 4.0.  It may be worth
waiting for the 5.0 version if you're planning on spending that much.

Luck,

Scott C.