[TriLUG] Starting / Running a business???

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 09:36:17 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 22:35, Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> I don't really have a lot of specifics in mind yet, as far as what I'd
> like to talk about. Just a general discussion, really, of all the stuff
> involved.
> I DO have a general idea of what the business I'd be founding would be
> doing, but this is all still very speculative of course.  Basically, I'm
> just
> interested in chatting, asking questions, bouncing ideas around, etc.

Another source you might check out for information is the "Small
Business Centers" located at area community colleges.  These centers
offer short courses and seminars on various topics related to running
your own business.

	Small Business Short courses @ Durham Tech:
	http://www.durhamtech.edu/html/current/fallnoncredit/sbcscourses.htm

	Small Business Seminars @ Durham Tech:
	http://www.durhamtech.edu/html/current/fallnoncredit/sbcseminars.htm

Those are offered in Durham & Orange Counties.
Here is a list of some seminars at Wake Tech:
	http://www.waketech.edu/conted/schedules/sbc.html

The nice thing about these seminars is they are either free or very low
cost ($5 or something).

Let me know if you need further information.

Jeremy Portzer
Durham Tech Community College