[TriLUG] Starting / Running a business???

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 11:35:09 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 09:36, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> Another source you might check out for information is the "Small
> Business Centers" located at area community colleges.  These centers
> offer short courses and seminars on various topics related to running
> your own business.
>
> 	Small Business Short courses @ Durham Tech:
> 	http://www.durhamtech.edu/html/current/fallnoncredit/sbcscourses.htm
>
> 	Small Business Seminars @ Durham Tech:
> 	http://www.durhamtech.edu/html/current/fallnoncredit/sbcseminars.htm
>
> Those are offered in Durham & Orange Counties.
> Here is a list of some seminars at Wake Tech:
> 	http://www.waketech.edu/conted/schedules/sbc.html
>
> The nice thing about these seminars is they are either free or very low
> cost ($5 or something).
>
> Let me know if you need further information.
>
> Jeremy Portzer
> Durham Tech Community College

Organization is the magic dust that moves your business from idea to
reality, and a Business Plan is the heart of that organizational effort.

If you've never done a Business Plan before, then check out the links
provided by Jeremy. Those folks will help you refine your ideas and move
them onto Paper.  It's well worth the time and the effort.

Jon Carnes