[TriLUG] Metrics for concurrent connections in a web based application

STaylor at srspos.com STaylor at srspos.com
Tue Oct 14 11:29:35 EDT 2003

Good Morning,

We are currently in the process of implementing a web application on MySQL
with apache.

We are planning to implement the app on a P3 450 w/ 756 mb ram.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of solution?

Do you have any idea about concurrent connection limits or scalability
requirements?

Like at what number does one wish to move to scsi or raid?

Does it make sense to implement the DB on a separate machine? so that the
web transactions are processing on a separate processor?

Or should I simply put the DB on a separate drive on the same bus?

Any experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn