[TriLUG] Metrics for concurrent connections in a web based application

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 12:36:15 EDT 2003

I've done something similar using PostGres instead of MySQL.  The
machine specifics were similar as well.  In that setup I could easily
handle 20 simultaneous connections and 10,000 hits/hour.

We were recording all requests into the database, and feeding out some
dynamic html content as well as product information from the database.
All of this was in a test environment.  A "proof of concept" that
PostGres could function as well as MS-SQL for our clients web data
needs.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes

BTW: if you are looking for some tools to help you accurately measure
the volume your web-site can handle (which also helps you refine your
website and remove trouble spots), you should check out:
  http://www.webperformanceinc.com

(no I'm not with the company)