[TriLUG] Linux intro book recommendation?

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Oct 16 14:11:58 EDT 2003

Today my BIL asked me "How hard would it be to get linux running
on our desktop to replace Win98 and MSOffice."

I have no problem sending a 'techie' to the right resources to get
started...but he is not a 'techie'.  Stricly an end-user type.
I told him he needs to get a good book to explain the key differences
between the OSes and what to expect.  I was thinking 'book' because
a website will not help him when he gets stuck halfway through the
configuration process :>

What 'Idiot's Guide to Linux' books do y'all recommend?

Chris Merrill                      |  http://webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.               |  http://webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software