[TriLUG] Linux intro book recommendation?

Frye, Matthew Matthew.Frye at rexhealth.com
Fri Oct 17 14:14:59 EDT 2003

When I have my engineer hat on, I tend to ignore the schtick of Gagne for
any hard info, but he's not my first choice if I need to solve a particular
problem within a particular time frame.  He's more for interest reading and
generally nerdly entertainment.

Articles/books written in this manner are more entertaining to some and have
the advantage of appealing to a wider audience, i.e. to the not so technical
people just getting interested in Linux, or to the simple hobbyists rather
than the Linux professionals.  The relative "goodness" or "badness" of
Gagne's chef schtick really depends on the situation and your situation.