[TriLUG] Problems with Redhat 9/2.4.20-19.9

Dmitry oblom at oblom.net
Thu Oct 16 15:00:25 EDT 2003

Hi, Brian.

I saw the message that you've posted on Aug 03:

 >I was having issues with the latest RedHat kernels before I upgraded >the
 >system in question from 8.0 to 9.0. Does anyone know of any existing
 >problem with 3Ware 6000 and 7000 series cards on the latest RedHat
 >kernels?

Did you find an answer? I was using 3Ware 6410 for 2 years. No problems.
Updated to new SuSE with 2.4.22 kernel and RAID failed. Lost a lot of
data. Build new -- errors are popping up all over the place.

The situation is really bad -- server has to be up tomorrow with 150 GB
of data. 3Ware support is dragging feet.

Any help or pointer is greatly appretiated.

Thanks,

Dmitry.