[TriLUG] [Offtopic] IBM inline for new jobs

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Oct 27 07:28:36 EST 2003

Sorry for the offtopic, but I thought it's interesting for Triangle Linuxedrs:

IBM will be adding 10,000 new jobs . It's expected that a good share will be
created in RTP. Key areas for new jobs will be Linux and open-standards.

I think that this is good for Triangle Linuxers :)

http://famulus.msnbc.com/famuluscom/bizjournal10-25-010814.asp?bizj=TRG

"the new jobs will come "in key skill areas, including high-value services,
middleware technologies, Linux and open standards-based hardware and
software."

"The Research Triangle will get a larger than proportional share of that
investment," says Efstathiou. That is because the RTP unit "offers a
desirable location for highly skilled people to move to," he says.

Salut,
Sinner
--
Visit my website! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux User # 89976