[TriLUG] Volunteers for N&O article

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 29 11:17:41 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:20, stan briggs wrote:
> all,
>
> i just recently joined this list so i may have missed the thread but
> have many TriLUGers done this and had real success? by 'real' success i
> mean not having 'too many' compromises when exchanging files and
> documents and getting 'most' of the equivalent applications.
>
> i'm interested in both the staroffice and in the win4lin style
> solutions. a particular quirk in my interest is that i am a pocketpc
> user and do like having my data synchronized with the outlook client
> that i use.
>
> thanks,
> stan
>
> Stan B. Briggs
> www.StanBriggs.com

I've been running my consulting business off of nothing but Linux for a
few years now.  I exchange Office documents (word, excel, powerpoint)
with clients all the time and have rarely had any problems.

I've also switched some companies over to Open Source. There are bumps
along the way, but no stop signs.  Surprisingly, the folks who have the
easiest transition to Open Source are the ones who are the least
computer literate.

I use Open Office and generally setup my clients with Open Office as
well. I'm also using evolution as my "email" client - though evolution
does far more than just email.

Open Office runs fine on Windows, so if you have some HD to burn, try

Take care - Jon Carnes