[TriLUG] OT sanity check on proxy servers

Daniel Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Thu Oct 30 14:37:03 EST 2003

One of my end users is having a problem with an external site.  The vendor
of the site says that because you have xxx proxy and there is a known
problem.  I reply but we are not running xxx proxy.  Vendor says "that
doesn't matter, you could run across xxx proxy anywhere in the path from
you to me and that will cause the problem".  I'm calling bull... I'm not
just going to stumble across a proxy server as I travel across the
Internet, am I?

--
Dan