[TriLUG] Open Source Empowerment

elfick elfick at trilug.org
Wed Nov 5 09:23:33 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 09:10, Chris Bullock wrote:
> Nope, I am 100% serious about this comment.  I have used Slowzilla,
> Konqueror, Galeon, lynx, Nutscape,  Thunderbird and Firebird, the ones
> available on Windows I have tried also.  I have have used stable
> releases as well as alpha and beta releases, most of them seem to be
> crap.  I have submitted bugs and have yet to see any of the fixes I have
> mentioned.  The developers seem to be aware of the problems yet do not
> fix the problem.  Everytime I have submitted a bug they reply back that
> it will be fixed in the next release, but its not.  I use IE more
> because it works.  And unless you use IE AND OSS solutions you should
> know what I am talking about, so if you havent used IE lately then you
> don't know how stable it is.  I use it everyday as well as OSS and IE
> outperforms and doesn't crash.  As a matter of fact in the past 5
> minutes my Mozilla "has generated errors and will be closed."
> Just my observation,

Well Chris, whatever works for you is what you should use. I use both IE
and OSS on a daily basis and my experience and the experience of
everyone I've ever talked to on this subject (easily hundreds of people)
is completely opposite of your experience. Perhaps the things that I
consider bugs, like the opening of unrequested windows, aren't the same
things that you consider bugs.
-Lee