[TriLUG] Oracle9i AS on Redhat9

Ryan Leathers ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com
Fri Nov 7 09:55:45 EST 2003

Hey gang,

I have been tasked with a cool project.  I get to spend a small fortune
on hardare (6 systems with 16 CPUs each) where I will run Oracle9i/AS.

The most recent Oracle9i/AS documentation says that if I select Redhat
as my OS I need:
Redhat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server 2.1
Kernel 2.4.9
Glibc 2.2.4-25

I expect that I can use newer versions of the Kernel and Glibc, but want
to be sure before I place an order for RHEL 3 and find out it won't
work.

If anyone can offer me peace of mind through confirmation of personal
experience I would owe you lunch or something :)

-Ryan

--
Ryan Leathers <ryan.leathers at globalknowledge.com>
Global Knowledge