[TriLUG] Argh! -Debian help

davis davis at skink.net
Mon Nov 17 17:36:11 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 05:31:55PM -0500, Roy Vestal wrote:
> I'm trying to setup Debian as a router on an old box
>
> dhcpd question: how do i get the status of which nic/ip it's using? I just
> want to verify my dhcpd.conf is being read correctly.

You can run dhcp on a per interface basis.  From memory look in /etc/init.d/dhcpd script and add eth1 if you want it on that interface.  By default I think it runs on eth0.

> iptables question: how do I modify the iptables? /etc/default/iptables?

I just created my own iptables script and put in the init.d dir.  Link to in the proper runtime level dir.  Read the comments in that file.  It says not to use it. heh.