[TriLUG] Apache & MySQL

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at hofftech.net
Mon Nov 17 22:11:44 EST 2003

I want to use a mysql database to hold my authentication information.  I
have compiled in mod_auth_mysql and loaded it into httpd.conf.  I belive I
have configured the <Directory> directive correctly:

    AuthName "Restricted Area"
    AuthType Basic

    AuthMySQLUser sqlUser
    AuthMySQLPassword password
    AuthMySQLDB dBName
    AuthMySQLUserTable users
    AuthMySQLNameField userName
    AuthMySQLPasswordField password
    require valid-user

I am prompted for a username/password as expected, but regardless of what
password I put, I get the following error:

[Mon Nov 17 21:59:46 2003] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] user steve:
password mismatch: /admin/

I used mysql auth with apache 1.3 and was able to specify encryption type
with Auth_MySQL_Encryption_Type plaintext, but that doesn't work anymore
and I can't find a replacement for it.

I inserted the password at plaintext, I have also encrypted it with
ENCRYPT('password') but I am getting no where.  Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in Advance.
Steve