[TriLUG] RE: Digital Camera vs. Linux

Mike Norwood norwoodm at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 09:29:24 EST 2003

> Turnpike Man wrote:
>
> As a corollary to this discussion, what do y'all recommend for online
> digital photo printing services?  I've got a lot of photos I'd like to
> print out as 8x10s and frame (cheap Christmas gifts!)
> Is there a better alternative to online print shops, like Wolf Camera or
> something of their ilk?  Also, why do all the online stores seem to
> accept only *.jpgs?

If you have a Walmart Super Center nearby they may have a service that
lets you print digital pictures. We had one open near us recently and you
can take in most any sort of memory card, put it in their reader and
select the pictures you want to print and the size.  The prices are pretty
reasonable too, and you can do up to 8 by 10 and should be able to pick
them up within an hour. I was pretty happy with it.

Mike Norwood