[TriLUG] RE: Digital Camera vs. Linux

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 18 07:58:26 EST 2003

On Nov 18, 2003, at 7:14 AM, Jeff Bollinger wrote:

> Turnpike Man wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> I recommend you get something that is AT LEAST 3.2mp (wahtever
>> brand/model you
>> decide on) if you have any dreams of printing nice 8x10 photos.
> <snip>
>> David M.
>

> As a corollary to this discussion, what do y'all recommend for online
> digital photo printing services?  I've got a lot of photos I'd like to
> print out as 8x10s and frame (cheap Christmas gifts!)
>
> Is there a better alternative to online print shops, like Wolf Camera
> or something of their ilk?  Also, why do all the online stores seem to
> accept only *.jpgs?

Never used the local shops. I have used Apples print service (
http://www.ofoto.com ) and http://www.shutterfly.com. I looked at
http://www.clubphoto.com for gift mugs but never ordered.

Also if you have a Windows PC and want one of those very cool Apple
photo books you can go to http://www.mypublisher.com/

John