[TriLUG] Remote management with Cyclades

Stephen Joyce stephen at physics.unc.edu
Thu Nov 20 11:35:08 EST 2003

Jason,

I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but I opted to use an Aurora
16-port PCI serial card/box with software from
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/doug/console.html.  It needed a couple of
very simple changes to make it function with newer versions of screen, and
I've made a few other enhancements, but it's been virtually hands-off
and absolutely trouble-free for the past 3 years. *knocks wood*

YMMV, of course.

Cheers,
Stephen
--
Stephen Joyce
Systems Administrator                                            P A N I C

"In hardware engineering, Ohm's law and Maxwell's equations pale
in importance and influence next to Murphy's Law."
               --- Gordon Bell