[TriLUG] Remote management with Cyclades

John Turner jdturner at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 20 11:28:41 EST 2003

On Nov 20, 2003, at 11:12 AM, Jason White wrote:

> Just wanted to query the list to see if anyone has any experience with
> any of the remote management products that Cyclades[1] offers.
>
> We have several Linux and AIX servers that we would like to remotely
> manage -- down to the BIOS level, etc.  I've heard a lot of good
> things about Cyclades over the years (they run Linux on the hardware,
> they have good support for Linux, etc), so they are at the top of our
> vendor list.

Can't comment on Cyclades, but I have used a few Lantronix console
servers.  And I even have one for sale like this one:

http://www.kvm-switches-online.com/500-000-3200.html

It has 32 serial ports, plus 8 local terminal ports, plus 2 LAN ports.
Nice thing about this product is that it supports users and you can
limit the ports users can access. It is upgradable to SSH, but only
supports telnet/http as it is now.

Yours for only $250.

John