[TriLUG] Re: hard drive error/meltdown imminent

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Dec 1 17:11:13 EST 2003

many thanks for all the responses.  i am going to hook the drive up to
a computer with the 'other os', check it, and perhaps send it for RMA.

good god, i am becoming a paranoid freak.  how about we start a
discussion on 'good backup protocol' ... as i just acquired a box to
serve as a 'backup box' ... what good will it be if my drive(s) is(are)
going to go out?  i know i need to make dvd/cd copies of data, but they
will eventually go bad too (how long?).  do you and how often do you
reimage your cds/dvds?  how do you do it?  do i need another system
(tape? how much?  which kind/one?)

oye!!

thanks,
doug