[TriLUG] OT: dual socket 7 motherboard?

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 03:26:51 EST 2003

Dear all,

I am looking for inexpensive ways to rev up my girlfriend's machine
which is running Mandrake 9.2.  She is, by the way, a complete
linux-on-desktop success story.  I happen to have two identical AMD K6-2
500mhz processors (from two compaq's, one of which is her current
machine) that would be cool to have in a dual-processor system.  Does
such a motherboard exist?  Googling turns up very little, although I did
find this motherboard: (be warned- for some odd reason, this motherboard
spec page includes adult advertisements.)

http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/tyan/Tomcat%20IVD.htm

Anyone have any thoughts?  Her Presario simply won't take much in terms
of RAM upgrades, which is why I'm pursuing a new case and motherboard.
Thanks!

Michael Hrivnak