[TriLUG] compactflash 64mb works, 256mb doesn't (rh 7.2)

davis davis at skink.net
Sun Dec 7 09:05:52 EST 2003

Hello

Are you using the same flash to pcmcia sleave in both cases?  I suggest
trying a different sleave.

I worked on a similar problem an embedded board using microdrives and flash
cards.  One sleave in particular exhibited the same problem.  The fix for all
cards was changing a pull-up resistor on the pcmcia interface.

JD

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 01:27:33AM -0500, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> i decided to upgrade my camera's cf card today from 64mb to 256mb.
> the new card works fine in the camera -- but not in my SanDisk
> pcmcia cf adapter.  i have tried formatting the card in the camera
> with no change in behaviour.
>
> here's what /var/log/messages contains when the 64mb card is
> inserted and mounted (i.e., working control for comparison):

<stuff snipped>

--
Happy Trails

John F. Davis
ABC #6334 1992 R100GSPD                    Durham, North Carolina
http://www.skink.net