[TriLUG] once in a lifetime - Jason Tower speaks at Triangle NT Users Group on Tuesday (no, he didn't defect - he is speaking on Linux)

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Dec 7 09:47:28 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 09:16, Jim Ray wrote:
> well, since we're talking about jason, i might as well go on and invite
> interested parties to hear him speak to triangle nt users group on tuesday.
>
> no, he did not defect.  he is speaking on linux.  all interested parties are
> welcome to attend.  details appended.

Well, not quite everybody -- see below.

[*snip* -- long announcement trimmed]

> About
> Our group has represented the local area group of the top tier of system
> administrators and network engineers for the most highly-respected
> businesses in this region since 1995.   Our membership is free to all
> interested computer professionals; however, our membership is restricted
> only to professionals (no hobbyists).  We request yet do not require that

<sarcasm type="friendly" >

  Good move!  Hobbyists are *awful* critters.  You know, those really
  annoying sorts who work on computers just because they love them.
  It would be simply degrading if such goof-balls were allowed to
  hobnob with the serious professionals.  You have to keep them at
  arm's length.

</sarcasm>

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com