[TriLUG] Re: delivery of spool email

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Tue Dec 9 23:33:03 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 16:16, Jason Tower wrote:
> the roblem is that UW-imap won't be able to read them as it looks for
> /var/spool/mail/$USER.  my solution was to switch to dovecot, it's
> still a tad buggy (i get the occational indexing error) but otherwise
> works fine.  let me know if you want additional info.

I use courier-imap to handle my mail service at home.  Was running 1.5.3
and just upgraded to 2.2.1 on Fedora Core 1.  It uses Maildir format to
store messages in $HOME/Maildir with subfolders in
$HOME/Maildir/.subfolder.  It supports IMAPS and STARTTLS.  I've been
very pleased with it.

I have FC1 RPMS for courier-imap 2.2.1 if anyone is interested.

--[Lance]

--
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/