[TriLUG] dual display help

The Crocodile tcroc at pasture.com
Sun Dec 21 12:29:26 EST 2003

Be advised that dual heading your monitor can be a BEYATCH! (pardon my
slang French) :). It is largely dependent upon the cards in use and the
desired setup. Don't use the little GUI thing because it doesn't work
for crap. At least it didn't for my setup.

Try editing the XF86Config file by hand and adding the line:

Option		"Clone" "off"

under the section for "ServerLayout"

Also be sure that

Option 		"Ximerame" "on"

is also set.

And last if you can't get it to work, send me a copy of your XF86Config
and I will take a look through it as time permits. I can't guarantee
that I will be able to debug it, but I do know what the major chunks of
the file should look like for what you are trying to accomplish.

--T