[TriLUG] Redhat and Proliant DL380G3 - any issues?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 22:28:35 EST 2004

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 22:16, Kevin Flanagan wrote:

> I did a quick test this afternoon, took one of these systems that I
> have for another project and started the Fedora Core installation, it
> saw the disk on the array, as well as the 2 onboard 10/100/1000
> cards.  That's hopeful.  I don't think that, for this, they want to
> spend the dough for RHEL, but if there are significant support issues
> for current hardware they may.

Keep in mind that you could also get the retail version of RHEL,
Professional Workstation (?), which is available from places like
buy.com for around ~$80.  This is a lot less than the $349/year fee for
RHEL ES.  But it would get you the long life-cycle of RHEL which will be
handy if this box will be around a while.  There's also the knock-offs
like WBEL.

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |