[TriLUG] Apache and PHP

Rodent of Unusual Size Ken.Coar at Golux.Com
Mon Jan 12 08:57:36 EST 2004

STaylor at srspos.com wrote:
> I downloaded the latest versions of Apache and PHP over the weekend. I
> did a configure, make and make install on apache, then PHP.

downloaded?  i guess you mean from someplace other than red hat..?

> This created /usr/local/apache2 and usr/local/lib/php on my machine
> which I expected.
>
> However when I try apachectl start or stop I am not starting apache2.
> I am actually starting another version of apache in /etc/httpd

so try '/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start' instead.

> I am running RH8 which I installed fresh before doing the apache or php
> installs.

did you include the web server option?  because if you're going to
run with one you build yourself, you should rpm -e the ones from
red hat..
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"