[TriLUG] burning data cd for windows

uzoma nwosu uzoma at audioverse.com
Wed Jan 14 09:24:22 EST 2004

This must be a silly question.  I'm using k3b to burn a data cd for a
friend.  They are just images from a art show.  I've checked  the
Joliet  box  and everything seems to burn fine.  I can mount and open
the files under linux.  However, whenever we try them on a windows
system, we can see the files or folders but cannot open them.  I've
looked at the permissions  section of k3b there's really nothing to
tweak (all the options disappear).

I also get the same results under xcdroast and commandline.  What could
I be missing that make  windows not read  these things?

Any help is appreciated.

Uzoma