[TriLUG] USB card reader doesn't work

Alexander Nikonov nav at sunbay.com
Wed Jan 14 07:03:36 EST 2004

Hi, Tom,

you say "failed to exec /sbin/modprobe scsi_hostadapter"
message is not an error.
But I cannot mount my USB cardreader, coz there's no sd* or
sg* or any other SCSI device in /dev. I suspect that message
could be a clue.

I compiled all available USB and SCSI support to my kernel
and modules - vain.

Btw, /proc/usb/ doesn't contain my device now (after various
experiments with kernel configuration options), but even
when it did (my cardreader was seen as /usb-storage-0/0 and
information there was correct) - there was no SCSI device in
/dev section to mount my cardreader to.

Please, help - I've no hints.

Regards,
Alexander Nikonov.