[TriLUG] burning data cd for windows

uzoma nwosu uzoma at audioverse.com
Wed Jan 14 11:57:44 EST 2004

Dan Monjar wrote:

> When I do it from the command line I use mkisofs then cdrecord.  On
> the mkisofs command I specify -J for Joliet stuff and -r for for
> Rockridge stuff.  Here's part of the man for -r:
>
>       -R     Generate SUSP and RR records using the Rock  Ridge
> protocol to
>              further describe the files on the iso9660 filesystem.
>

>       -r     This is like the -R option, but file ownership and modes
> are set
>              to more useful values.
>
> I never have any problems.

Yes.  I've even burned one under using the -J flag.  But same sitiuation
occurs--hold on, I just had an idea.  Could this be a kernel issue?  I'm
running 2.6.0 now and I know that the options for MS filesystems are
checked.  I'll try burning this thing under another kernel to make sure
(I had a problem getting the new xconfig working under 2.6 test kernels
but it ran fine under 2.4.20.  So maybe this is a similar problem?).

thanks,

Uzoma