[TriLUG] slow video after reinstall

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Fri Jan 16 03:04:52 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:59:29AM -0500, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> Needless to say, this little screen saver shouldn't be a problem, and wasn't
> before my reinstall.  I am of course using the latest nvidia drivers, I
> verified that agpgart is loaded, and I also confirmed that my XF86Config-4 is
> identical to the one I was using before.

1.0-5328/x86 on kernel 2.4? 2.6? What's your motherboard's main logic
set?

Also, examine dmesg & syslog output for a kernel OOPS. Pop into
#trilug if you'd like to diagnose right away; I'm still awake.

> to benchmark the last setup with the current one.  The only thing that comes
> to mind is that I am using a slightly updated kernel from Mandrake, but I
> can't imagine the differences have anything to do with this.

If you updated/upgraded kernels, you'll need to recompile the Nvidia
kernel module using matching configured kernel headers.

HTH.

Daniel T. Chen          crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc