[TriLUG] how-to create md5 checksums & CD/DVD verification

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Jan 19 09:58:05 EST 2004

Thanks for the response.  I did a bit more research online, and figured
out I might need to recursively go through a directory to compare it to
the burned disc.  Do these steps makes sense and/or provide the most
efficient way of doing things?

1. find /path/to/ -type f -print0 | xargs -0 md5sum > MD5SUM
2. mkisofs -r -v -J -V disc_title -o output_name.iso
/path/to/directory_name/
3. cdrecord output_name.iso (bare bones command)
4. mount cd
5. check MD5SUM against mounted CD (still not sure how to do this, but
have not been this far yet)