[TriLUG] OT: DSL for SOHO in Chapel Hill

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 04:01:42 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 08:19:37AM -0500, Michael Thompson wrote:

> So unless you like your overpriced hardware bundled with a healthy dose
> of *bad* customer service and complete ignorance, STAY AWAY from Intrex
> in Greenville.  (And if you do, you might as well buy brand name stuff
> at Circuit City or Best Buy.)

I've always enjoyed the Intrex experience here in Raleigh. I find they
are good for last minute small items when you are building boxes.  With proper
planning and experience I find they can be avoided altogether.

My rule of thumb: Linux boxes should be built from pieces or from
white-boxes scoured from www.pricewatch.com, or from boxes borrowed or
taken from refuse heaps, or purchased on ebay.  Get many
boxes so you can think "network" instead of "box". Think grids.

> I guess you guys have it better there in the Triangle.

I wouldn't call the realtor :-).