[TriLUG] iptables problem

Brian A. Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Thu Feb 5 15:28:27 EST 2004

Hiho,
  Recently I lost remote contact with my Linux box.  Once I was able to sit
down in front of it, the error messages I saw were to the effect of packets
getting dropped because conn_track table full.  In true end-user fashion, I
didn't write down the error so I'm a little foggy now that I've gotten
around to writing about it, but I do distinctly remember seeing conn_track
(or possibly ip_conntrack?) and "table full."

Rebooting fixed the problem, but I would like to know if there is a less
disruptive way to clear that problem.  I always hate having to reset the
uptime counter :-)

Cheers,
~Brian