[TriLUG] RFC: Mailing list protocol FAQ entry

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Feb 9 13:47:53 EST 2004

Matt,

For the most part I agree with you -- and while I certainly don't speak
for the rest of the Steering Committee at the moment, in the past we've
taken a hands-off approach.  I think that the current FAQ entry is fine,
although I agree the typos should be fixed.  I don't see the sense in
prolonging this, William, it just causes more discussion about
Netiquette and less about Linux.

I do want to apologize for starting this whole discussion with my
comment, which was sent in private to Jim.  I had no intention of
objecting to his post in public; it was a private comment between two
individuals.  I will refrain from making any comments like that in the
future, even in private, because I now realize that I cannot rely on
people's understanding of the "Netiquette" to keep private communiations
private.  As you say, I should use the delete key (or a filter as Tanner
suggested).

In general, I enjoy the humor on the list, and in the IRC channel, and
hope we can keep up the great community we have.

Regards,
Jeremy Portzer

P.S.  Perhaps we can discuss this after the meeting Thursday if people
really want to discuss it more.  These types of "political" discussions
tend to be less heated in person where things like word tone, body
language, etc, are possible.   -J.P.