[TriLUG] Re: jabber.trilug.org Yahoo transport

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Fri Feb 13 10:09:11 EST 2004

Just a FYI, yahoo on gaim ver .75 and before is broken.  Won't really
work, intermittent at best.  They haven't been able to release a fixed
version yet, but in there forums you will find a guy who setup a fixed
package of version .75 that has the Yahoo patch, and the security
patch.  Here is the thread:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1016282&forum_id=665

Here are the patched versions:

http://www.linuxwhore.com/gaim/

These are not from the official developers, so it's up to you to decide
if you trust it.  Enjoy!

-David

PS, I gave it a shot and it's running great for me, but I'm not going
through the Trilug proxy.

--
David A. Cafaro <dac(at)cafaro.net>
Sys Admin to User: "You did what?!?"