[TriLUG] OT: How to download an album

Timothy E. Jedlicka - wrk bonzo at lucent.com
Fri Feb 13 16:47:07 EST 2004

http://www.magnatune.com/
They split the proceeds 50/50 with the artist. Non-exclusive agreement (i.e.
you can have another label or distribution channel peddle your stuff also).
Your cost is $0.00. There is the potential for "giving your music away", but
I've heard that musicians need to bank on their door sales more than their CDs
(i.e. CDs are a marketing cost - not a product), but I'm no musician nor do I
play one on TV.

  Roy> I'm in a local band and we're trying to figure out how to get our album
  Roy> out there with minimal cost.
-----
Timothy Jedlicka, bonzo at lucent.com, 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=bonzowork
Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, Testers For Hire