[TriLUG] RH 9 rpm hangs

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Feb 16 12:12:37 EST 2004

Frye, Matthew wrote:

>rpm hangs on my newly upgraded RH 9 box.  I upgraded from 7.3 and read about
>a fix for rpm, but how is one supposed to install such a fix if rpm is the
>problem.  I have read many unanswered threads and many wrong ones too.
>
>MPF

I do recall having a very similar problem with rpm on RH9.  I was not
upgrading, but I did run into a situation where up2date or any rpm
commands would simply hang indefinitely.  The solution was removing a
corrupted database for RPM, located in /var/lib/rpm/__db*, if my memory
serves me correctly.

Might want to either rm those files, or mv them out of the way (the
"safer" approach).

--
Aaron Joyner
System Administrator