[TriLUG] Fedora Core 2 and Linksys router

Rock Roskam rock at trilug.org
Mon Feb 16 13:36:00 EST 2004

The linksys wrt54g is onsale $79 and runs linux.  Slashdot recently had
links on how to replace the firmware.  The firmware allows QOS and
lots of other tweaks.  Kismet is developing a module so it
will run on the box.  My linksys router just went poof too?  Coincidence?
I like conspiracies.

Fedora Core 2 RC1 seems much faster but I am having some issues.  Cannot
connect to the RHN.  PCMCIA wireless will not start orinoco card.  Sound
max card not detected ac97 driver.  USB thumb drive locks up the system
when inserted.

Things that work acpi and battery status worked out of the box on my
toshiba laptop. I generally have to do some configuration to get that
working.

Display setup nicely as well.  Wheel mouse worked without tweaking.  Seem
faster to start.