[TriLUG] Fedora Core 2 and Linksys router

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 16 14:04:35 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 13:36, Rock Roskam wrote:
> The linksys wrt54g is onsale $79 and runs linux.  Slashdot recently had
> links on how to replace the firmware.  The firmware allows QOS and
> lots of other tweaks.  Kismet is developing a module so it
> will run on the box.  My linksys router just went poof too?  Coincidence?
> I like conspiracies.
>
> Fedora Core 2 RC1 seems much faster but I am having some issues.  Cannot
> connect to the RHN.

I've had issues connecting to RHN on FC/1, usually because the redhat
servers are choked.  I'm guessing FC/2 has the same problem. Find a
mirror from http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html and replace
the addresses in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.  I've had to do this on all
the FC installs I've done.  I usually use ftp.linux.ncsu.edu which gets
me 300+KB/s d/l from my RoadRunner account.

--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at nc.rr.com>