[TriLUG] [OT] Mebtel /DSL ?

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at hofftech.net
Mon Feb 16 18:01:39 EST 2004

My fiancee's cousin lives out there and subscribes.  I set everything up
and (with the exception of inept tech-support) all went well!.  She is not
a linux user, however it works somewhat like cable modem in that it
doesn't use any kind of pppoe dialer to auth.  Simply a dhcp connection
and away she goes.  Speed seems right on par with my Bellsouth and from
what she said, she saves quite a bit of money by bundleing all the
services (local, long dist, DSL) into one bill.

HTH,
Steve