[TriLUG] imap and secure authentificaiton

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Tue Feb 17 20:55:40 EST 2004

Ralph Blach wrote:

> Joseph,
>
> ssl with certifitate authorization works just fine.
> I want secure login from mozilla.
>
> Any help?
>
> Also, where are the config file for imapd
>
> Thanks
>
> Chip

I am not 100% sure what you are asking. If you were to expand on your
very terse query it would probably be much easier to answer your question.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird with secure IMAP at home. If you have IMAPD
configured for secure (SSL) access all you need to do is setup your IMAP
account in you mail reader. Server is the hostname of your IMAP server.
and the port is 993. On thunderbird it selects the correct port number
for you if you click the checkbox titled "Use secure connection".

hope that helps.

--
Peter Long