[TriLUG] SCP file create mode

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Wed Feb 18 11:15:12 EST 2004

Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Brian A. Henning said the following on 2/18/04 2:16 AM:
>
>> Hi y'all,
>>   This is a simple question at which you more seasoned types will
>> probably
>> roll your eyes and mutter "RTFM," but here it is anyway.
>

> <rolls eyes> RTFM!!!
>
> Come on, you were expecting that right? :-)
>
> <...SNIP...>
>
> Good luck,
> Tanner Lovelace

I hate to be the one to point it out, but, um... check out the man
page.  :)  Note the -p option, which is defined as:
-p Preserves modification times, access times, and modes from the
original file.

If you'd prefer an HTML version of the man page:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=linux&db=man&fname=/usr/share/catman/man1/scp.1.html&srch=scp

Note: He will of course have to either a) set the permissions correctly
on his local copies, or b) use scp to pull down local copies with the
correct permissions, before adding -p will have the desired effect.

Aaron J.