[TriLUG] Re: Offshoring (was: Linux / Solaris Position)

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Wed Feb 18 15:36:03 EST 2004

Magnus Hedemark wrote:

> I'd hate to end up fighting for scraps.  Not to slight auto mechanics or
> welders, but it seems like there's already quite a bit of saturation in
> those fields.

Oooh, I dunno... if the experience I've had trying to get my car
repaired recently is any indicator, there is a dearth of talent
in the auto-repair business.  And still, I'd take welding or
turning wrenches for a living over living on welfare or being a
homeless hobo, if those were the choices...

> Eh, that is until the Japanese master the mobility aspect of robots.
> They've already got the welding part down.

Yeah, but it'll be a little bit longer (I think) before a welding robot
can do everything a human can do.  There's still some life left in
those industries.  Not sure how much though...

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org