dev resurgence (was Re: [TriLUG] simple regular expression to strip HTML?)

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 19 16:29:37 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 14:44, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Ken Mink said the following on 2/19/04 10:21 AM:
<SNIP

> If it doesn't handle the // comment style then it's not C99 compliant.
> The // comment *is* valid C as of C99.  If it's not compliant then
> you should get them to upgrade to a modern C compiler, for crying
> out loud.

My apologies. As I said I was venting. I can not upgrade. I am working
on a S/390 and what IBM gives is what you get. I would love a modern
compiler. I would love a modern machine, for that matter. And I have
been crying out loud and in my beer. But I am employed and therefore
happy to have this problem.

Sorry for the disturbance,
Ken

> Cheers,
> Tanner
> --
> Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
> lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt