[TriLUG] XP and Samba

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 13:54:45 EST 2004

http://www.turnpike420.net/linux2/Samba.txt

This is what I've done using the default SMB installation in RH distros.  Works
great from 98, 2000 and XP, I've never cared to try 95, ME or NT4, though I'm
sure they work fine as well.  In 95/98/ME, you must login to the machine,
although we all know that really doesn't mean anything, however, it does cache
the authentication so when you map the drive, you are automatically connected.
This of course presumes you use same username/pwd on both sides, smb server and
client side.

hth,
David M.